Today’s Hours:* 10am-9pm more »

Events

  • April

  • next

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Fort Worth

Saturday, April 25, 2015

The 23rd Annual Race for the Cure®, presented locally by Kroger and held at Ridgmar Mall, will be on Saturday, April 25, 2015. Registration for the Race is now open and can be completed online at www.komengreaterfw.org. Featuring a 5K and 1-mile fun run, many participants choose to use the Race as an opportunity for competition, but running or even walking isn’t necessary to participate. Supporters can also “Sleep in for the Cure®” or participate by fundraising or making a donation in honor of another participant or loved one.

The family-friendly event will also feature a breast cancer survivor parade, Kids for the Cure activities, including a bounce house and cupcake walk, as well as the KoMEN Cave – an area of the Race dedicated to male breast cancer survivors and men who support the cause, featuring a classic car show, pull-up challenge and a technology area.

The Race for the Cure® raises funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivors and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. The largest fundraiser for Susan G. Komen Greater Fort Worth, 75 percent of the funds raised support breast cancer detection, treatment and education locally in Tarrant, Parker, Johnson and Hood counties, with the remaining 25 percent going to national research initiatives.

  • or